Welcome to the Kittitas Valley Fire and Rescue (KVFR) website. We appreciate the opportunity to serve Kittitas Valley community and welcome questions and input.
Burning that is permitted through KVFR (inside the City of Ellensburg and the Urban Growth Area.
· Barbecues. Burn only briquettes, propane, or dry, seasoned firewood.
· Campfires. (size limit 3 x 3 x 2 feet). Burn only dry seasoned firewood.
· You will need a permit from Kittitas Valley Fire & Rescue; they are free and good for 3 months.
What’s illegal to burn: You can be fined up to $10,000 per day for illegal burning:
Burning any type of garbage or construction debris is not allowed. This includes:
· Paper, cardboard, and junk mail
· Construction debris, lumber, and treated wood
· Plastics and petroleum products
· Dead animals
· Any substance that emits toxins or bad odors when burned
· Using bun barrels is illegal
Burning that is permitted through KVFR outside the City of Ellensburg and the Urban Growth Area. A permit is obtained by calling 933-7233, listening to the message and leaving your name, phone number and location (address) of the burn. The message will be amended if there are any restrictions to burning.
· Burn only natural unprocessed vegetation.
· In a pile no larger than 4x4x3 feet.
· Along fence lines and irrigation ditches.
· Field burns less than 1 acre individually or cumulatively.
· Keep the fire 50 feet away from any structure.
· Attend the fire at all times.
· Have a source to extinguish the fire nearby.
· Ensure your smoke does not affect your neighbors.